Wednesday, September 25, 2013

South Charleston volleyball coach Andrea Lewis


South Charleston volleyball coach Andrea Lewis

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- The South Charleston softball curriculum seemed to secure a fine slam as they hired Annette Olenchick to be their head coach, along with assistant Andrea Lewis.

After all, Olenchick led Sissonville to state softball titles in 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, and 2002. Meanwhile, Lewis was a three-time All-State selection and Gatorade Player of the Year in 2001 pro the Indians while winning three 
championships herself.


However, the softball team isn't the single sport by SC with the intention of Lewis is in a suspense to handbook to larger and better things. Lewis is furthermore the initial time volleyball coach pro the Black Eagles this season.
Lewis took part in her initially Civic Center Volleyball Showcase Wednesday sundown by the Charleston Civic Center and was 8-7-2 former to Wednesday.

"I got the volleyball job initially, and at that time the softball sport came commence," Lewis understood. "Coach O (Olenchick), a discussion with her, we permanently understood we wanted to make back collectively. We bring about so well collectively and believe in the same things."
Olenchick isn't helping coach volleyball, so with the intention of get-together will be inflicted with to pass the time until the spring, but Lewis couldn't be happier with everywhere she is from.

"South Charleston has treated me so well," Lewis understood. "I be inflicted with had nothing but splendid support from administration, players, parents, the total nine. It's been such a splendid place to be. I by no means would be inflicted with dreamed all of this."

While Lewis has a bounty of softball before a live audience and coaching experience, this is her initial volleyball head coaching spot. She has been around the game, before a live audience it in distinguishing teach by Sissonville, and in leagues.

"I grew up around volleyball as my grown-up sister played," Lewis understood. "I permanently went to her practices and her distinguished teaching coach would consent to my practice and be the administrator. That is as I found a love pro it.

"Throughout a distinguished teach, I played. I coached with Eddie Fisher (current Sissonville coach) as I initially graduated from college. I missed before a live audience. I by no means planning an opportunity like this would occur up. When it happened, I solely took it. It all solely kind of happened very quickly."

The SC volleyball curriculum has been in flux the continue link seasons with Lewis being the third uncommon coach in the early period four seasons. Lewis is in suspense to be around pro the long haul, though, and build stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment